Nagios CentOS – Introduction And Pre-Requisites
Nagios is a an open source monitoring solution for network devices and servers.
This following pages of this article explain how to install Nagios on to a CentOS 5.5 server.
The installation is broken down in to the following steps which are explained in the subsequent sections of this article :-
- Installing Nagios And Its Dependencies
- Apache Web Server Configuration
- Setting Up Nagios
- Checking and starting Nagios
In order to install Nagios on to a CentOS 5.5 server the following pre-requisites must be met :-
- A base installation of CentOS 5.5
- Apache 2.0 installed and configured