Citrix Licensing – Installing On A Windows 2008 R2 Core Services Server
This article is written to provide the steps required to install the Citrix Licensing Server Version 11.11 on to a Windows 2008 R2 Core Services Server.
The installation for this article was performed on a base installation of Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition Core Server which had been joined to the lab Domain.
Installing .Net 3.5.1 Framework
The first step to perform is add the .Net 3.5.1 Framework Feature to the server which can only be peformed once the .Net 2 Framework Feature has been installed.
- Logon to the server as an Administrative Account on the Domain
- To install the .Net Framework 2 Features execute the following commands at the Command Prompt :-
dism /online /enable-feature:NetFX2-ServerCore
dism /online /enable-feature:NetFX2-ServerCore-WOW64
- To install the .Net Framework 3.5.1 Features execute the following commands at the Command Prompt :-
dism /online /enable-feature:NetFX3-ServerCore
dism /online /enable-feature:NetFX3-ServerCore-WOW64
Installing The Citrix Licensing Server
The next step is to install the Citrix Licensing Server by performing the following steps :-
- Mount the XenDesktop 7 DVD on the server or download the Version 11.11 Citrix Licensing Server from Citrix to the server
- Execute ctx_licensing.msi in the Command Prompt
- Step through the Citrix Licensing installation accepting the defaults
Once the installation has completed you will be presented with the Citrix Licensing Configuration window which will show the License Server Port, Web Admin Port, and what user has been configured as the Administrative Account for licensing.
If you performed the installation as a Administrative Accont on a Domain then this account will be the Administrative Account for the License Server
Accessing The License Server Remotely
From another server or machine in the Domain you can connect to the Citrix License Server Web Admin pages and administer the server as you would locally on a standard GUI Server install.