Desktop Director – Speed Up Logon
One of the most common causes of slow logon to a Desktop Director web site is due to an Active Directory Domain Name resolution problem which can be resolved easily.
This article provides details of how to speed up logon to XenDesktop Desktop Director by resolving the Active Directory Domain Name resolution problem.
Modifying The Desktop Director Web Site
To resolve the Active Directory Domain Name resolution problem perform the following steps :-
- Open the Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager Console
- Expand the Server name, Sites, and Default Web Site branches in the left hand pane
- Highlight the DesktopDirector site and then open the Application Settings
- Locate the and Edit the Connector.ActiveDirectory.Domains setting
- Change the Value from “(user),(server)” to the NetBIOS Domain Name of your Domain
- Click on OK
Restart The World Wide Web Publishing Service
To ensure the change is taken restart the World Wide Web Publishing Service.