SQL 2005 – Configuring Nested Triggers
Nested Triggers is an Advanced setting which is required for some products like Windows System Update Server (WSUS) 3.0 and is enabled as default on a newly built SQL 2005 server.
To check whether the setting is configured on an SQL 2005 server perform the following steps :-
- Open the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- When prompted connected to the SQL Server name using eitherWindows or SQL Authentication
- Right Click on the server in the Left Hand Pane and select Properties
- In the Server Properties window click on Advanced
- Under the Miscellaneous Section check the setting Allow Triggers To Fire Others
The Allow Triggers To Fire Others setting is configured as True as default on an SQL Server but if set to False change it to True to enable Nested Triggers on the server.
StoreFront – Introduction
The following pages in this article provide the steps required to install a pair of Citrix StoreFront servers.
The installation is broken down in to the following steps which are explained in the subsequent pages of this article :-
- Installing StoreFront 1.2
- Creating and configuring the SQL database
- Initial Configuration Of StoreFront 1.2
The test environment for this article consists of the following servers :-
- W2K8SQL01 – SQL Server
- W2K8SF01 – StoreFront Server
- W2K8SF02 – StoreFront Server
- W2K8XA01 – XenApp 6.5 Server
- W2K8XD01 – XenDesktop 5.6 Controller
- W2K8DC01 – Domain Controller providing the Active Directory W2K8Domain.local
- W2K8StoreFront.W2K8Domain.local – Network Load Balancer Address
All of the servers with the exception of the Domain Controller are Windows 2008 R2 Standard Edition with Service Pack 1 installed and patched to the latest levels at the time of writing this article.