Cacti WMI 7 – Adding To A Windows Host
Adding A Windows Host
The final step is to add a Windows server to Cacti for graphing. To add a new Windows server to Cacti for graphing perform the following steps :-
- Logon to Cacti as an Administrative account
- Click on the Console tab
- Click on Devices in the Left Hand Pane
- Click on Add to add a new host
- In the General Host Options sectio configure the Descripition to a meaningful name for your server
- Configure the Hostname to the FQDN or IP Address of the server
- From the Host Template drop down box select Windows WMI Host
- In the Availability / Reachability Options section configure theDowned Device Detection to the desired setting.
N.B. For SNMP you must have SNMP configured on the Windows server
- If you have selected SNMP, Ping Or SNMP, or Ping And SNMP as theDowned Device Detection then set the SNMP Version desired
- Configure the SNMP Community to the SNMP Community Name configured on the Windows server
- If you are using a non standard SNMP Port configure the correct port
- Click on Create to create the new Windows host.
Creating Graphs For The New Host
The final step is to create the graphs for the host. To create the graphs for the host perform the following steps :-
- At the top of the Host screen click on the Create Graphs for this host link
- In the Graph Templates section tick the Create: WMI-CPU-Load-Graph-Template
- Click on Create to create the new graph for the Windows Server
The new graph will take a while to be created depending on how often your poller is set to gather metrics from the server.