Cacti W2K3 – Introduction And Pre-Requisites
Cacti is a an open source performance graphing solution for network devices, servers, and applications.
The following pages of this article explain how to install Cacti on to a Windows 2003 Standard Edition server which is part of an Active Directory Domain.
The installation is broken down in to the following steps which are explained in the subsequent sections of this article :-
- Installing and configuring MySQL Server 5.5.19
- Creating the Mysql Database
- Installing Apache Web Server
- Installing and configuring PHP 5.3.8
- Installing Cygwin
- Installing Cacti and its dependencies
- Configuring the Apache Web Server
- Initial Cacti Configuration
In order to install Cacti on to a Windows 2003 server the following pre-requisites must be met :-
- A base installation of Windows 2003