Cacti CentOS – Introduction And Pre-Requisites
Cacti is a an open source performance graphing solution for network devices, servers, and applications.
The following pages of this article explain how to install Cacti on to a CentOS 5.5 server.
The installation is broken down in to the following steps which are explained in the subsequent sections of this article :-
- Installing Cacti And Its Dependencies
- Creating The Mysql Database
- Apache Web Server Configuration
- Initial Cacti Configuration
In order to install Cacti on to a CentOS 5.5 server the following pre-requisites must be met :-
- A base installation of CentOS 5.5
- The RPM Forge Repository configured
- Mysql server installed
- Apache and PHP installed
Adding The RPM Forge Repository
Unfortunately the Base CentOS repositories do not include Cacti or the Rrdtool so in order to install them we need to add the RPM forge repository. To add the RPM forge repository to the server perform the following step :-
- In the command line execute the command below
rpm -Uvh http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el5/en/i386/rpmforge/RPMS/rpmforge-release-0.3.6-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm
The command above installs the RPM forge repository on to the server once you accept the install.